Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Re-finished Outside Light Fixtures

Our outside light fixtures were starting to look really bad- they were brass, and  the weather had started to rust & dull them.  

  I didn't get a picture of the light fixture before we took it apart- but you can see how bad they looked....

First we took off the bottoms & pulled out the glass panels


Then we painted them with Rust-oleum hammered spray paint.  I don't have a picture of the can of paint, but it's the same paint I used on the jars I made a few months ago.  If you want to see what the can looks like go to the post on Jars, and there is a picture of it there.  I LOVE this paint. If you use a primer before using the paint, it will provide added protection.

And this is what they looked like after we were done.  Not too bad for a Saturdays work!!!

No comments: