Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

4th of July Jars--

You all know how I have this problem with JARS.... well I went & picked up some "stuff" to fill them for the month of July... winco had some bulk candy that I thought would be fun-- so here is what I came up with.  I decided to put them on my entry way table instead of in the family room.  Maybe  I won't have to fill them 5 times if the little boys ( and the big boys) can't see them. Haha   But I was going to let you in on a little secret... I had seen on pinterest around christmas time, they had done this with ornaments in a jar- so I thought I'd try it with candy.   It can get expensive if you have to fill a lot of them so here is how to use less.....



take a toilet paper roll and place it in the jar.... I have done this with small glass jars like a baby food jar and then you cant see it in larger jars- but for this one I used the TP roll.   I filled the center of the roll with tissue paper so the candy wouldn't go down inside the hole.  Then just pour your candy into the jar..... you will use less candy because the roll takes up some of the room  


when you get it done, it will look like this and no one will ever know.... until they lift the lid to take some!! :) so that is your tip for today!   

0 comments: