Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

BUG LUNCH playday!!

It was play day at Grandma's today!!!  I threw together some things I had on hand... BUGS are always a hit with the little boys!!  So I thought a BUG LUNCH would be FUN.
I put some butterfly nets in a bucket & a sign on the front porch.
Then inside the FUN began.......



we had spiders, caterpillars, and ants on a log


they had to make their own "bugs" for lunch... that's where all the fun happens.  Look how cute this little guy is putting those legs on his spider...


and there is nothing better on a hot day than Lady Bug Juice...


add a butterfly sandwich and you are good to go.....


here is worm dirt dessert-- made with crushed oreo's, pudding, gummy worms, candy rocks and an instant flower... 


and at every summer lunch you need a fly swatter....   these are made with jolly ranchers, I posted how to make them a few days ago
look at that plate so FUN to make & fun to eat....



oh my, that is a lot of BUGS!


this little guy ate everything as he made it.... he couldn't wait!


after lunch it was time for the water games to begin there were water balloons, squirt guns, sponge balls ( I'll post how to make them later) and the slide....


after all that FUN they were ready to kick back in the swimming pool and sip homemade slurpees!!!  Oh what a life... I think we might have to get a bigger pool!! What do ya think?
It was a very fun play day, and Grandma's tired!!  :)

0 comments: