Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Make your own microwave popcorn

My tip today is something I have done since my boys were very young-- they are now 25, 29 & 31.  So I've been doing it a long time, but I thought I would share it just in case some you didn't know you can make your own microwave popcorn--- and  it's really easy.  When the boys got married Amy & Jamie their wife's had never seen it done before-- so if you haven't either, let me show you how.
  
First you need a plain brown paper sack-- the kind you put a lunch in works great. And a 1/2 cup of raw popcorn-- open the sack so that it will stand up, and pour the popcorn into the sack.  Fold the top down on the sack and put the sack in the microwave standing up straight.  Cook for 2 minutes- just like you do the store bought packages.    



after it has popped, you can eat it plain- or add any topping you like.  You can buy these shaker top flavorings at the store, I think I found mine at Bed Bath & Beyond.   Or just use butter & salt, cinnamon & sugar or a cheese powder. There are lots of different ways you can flavor it-- and I promise you won't be able to tell the difference between this & the store bought packages.  It's a lot cheaper too- so that is always a plus!!

0 comments: