Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Hardwood Floor Cleaner


I have been playing around trying to find a cleaner that I liked for my hardwood floor, and I have tried a couple different things-- this is the one that I  made this last week- I have only used it 2 times, but I really like the way it cleans.  I was just getting so tired of buying things that I didn't LOVE.  So this is what I came up with it's only 5 ingredients and you will have most of them on hand.  You might have to go out and buy some castille soap-- I buy Dr. Bronners. the label is a little crazy-- you'll understand if you read it.  But I LOVE this stuff it's a great cleaner, it's good for yor hands, body, scalp too. It's made from all natural oils, and has no foaming agents... anyway I typed the recipe up for you on a card below
 try it and see what you think--- and as always if you want the file so you can print the card as a 4x6 photo just leave me a comment with your email address & I will send it to you!!! Happy Cleaning! :)

11 comments:

The Curious Holts said...

Hi. I saw this on Pinterest and tried it. It worked great!! Thanks for the tip.

Karen said...

Glad you found this, it is easy to make and it does work great. If we have to clean, it should at least be easy!! :)

Unknown said...

Is this okay to use on Engineered Hardwood Floors? We have Bruce Hardwood floors and have used their floor cleaner. I've tried many on the market and all seem to leave a residue and aren't slick and shiny. Drives me nuts!! I have to get on my hands and needs and scrub the floors in order to get the gunk off.

Karen said...

Stacey, yes you can use it on the engineered hardwood- there isn't anything in it that will harm the finish. This cleaner doesn't leave a really shiny finish, but it won't leave a residue. It does make the floor slick & cleans really well. Hope that helps! There's nothing like a nice clean wood floor- Good- Luck!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for sharing creative resource for cleaning. It’s really helpful.

Hardwood Floor Cleaning Mansfield TX

drnelson11 said...

Where can you buy castille soap? I am not familiar with it.

Karen said...

drnelson11- I buy my castille soap at whole foods- it's all natural so you may be able to find it at a health food store too. I haven't ever tried to get it anywhere other than whole foods, so I'm not positive they have it at the health food stores- but it's worth a try. It cleans so great and doesn't foam- I use it for all kinds of cleaning, it's even good in your hand soap dispensers. Good- Luck!!!

German Zollinger@Total Clean Equip said...

I also feel the need to keep hardwood floors smartly cleaned. Unlike tiled floors, wooden floors, though more durable, get untidy quickly. Aside from this cleaning method, do you put protectors under your furniture? Do so, if you haven't yet. It's one way to avoid leaving marks on the floor. ;)

Anonymous said...

do you think this would work on laminate flooring? I love the look but am having a terrible time with streaking

Karen said...

Yes it works great on laminate flooring!! It doesn't leave streaks at all, you will love it.

Juniper said...

How many square feet will this mixture clean?