Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

Butter Spread

I am not a big fan of Margarine- I have never used it. I like real butter, but it does have a lot of calories.  A few months ago I found an article on making this butter spread- I can't find where I found it, so if it is yours- please let me know- I want to give credit to the right person.  I believe the recipe came from a Dr. as a substitute for margarine. 

Here's how to make it. Whip 1 C. of butter until smooth & creamy Then slowly add 1/2 C. of a healthy oil- like olive or grapeseed oil a little bit at a time & continue to mix with hand mixer.
Then slowly add 1/2 C. water a little at a time as you continue to mix-- whip it until it becomes very smooth. 

Then put it in a container with a lid and keep in the refridgerator.  Use it as you would butter- and here's a tip, if you use a dry erase marker you can write on the container, so you know what's inside.  It wipes right off!  This is the first time I have made this, so I'll let you know in a couple of weeks what I think.  I can tell you right now it DOESN'T taste like butter!!  LOL I will try to get used to it-- Why is it that healthy usually doesn't taste as good?  :)

0 comments: