Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

French Fries

Lately I have been trying to come up with some really easy dinners that I can freeze. I wanted to make some before we get busy with school starting. My kids love homemade french fries and I found out how you can freeze them.

Items that you will need
5-8 pounds of potatoes (you can do more if you like)
Salt
Pepper
Sugar
Oil (vegetable, canola, oil, etc)
French Fry Crinkle Cutter (optional)

First off,  I preheated my oven to 475 degrees. I washed and scrubbed the potatoes, then I peeled them.

Cut the fries in 1/2 inch to 1 inch fries. After all potatoes are cut, place them in a bowl and add salt, pepper, any type of oil, and a tiny bit of sugar. By tossing the potatoes in this mixture, it will give your fries a great crispy to them.

Place the fries on baking sheets and cook them for 25 minutes on 475 degrees. When your fries are done, let them cool on a paper towel.


Once, the fries are cooled place on a baking sheet or something that will fit in your freezer and let them freeze for about an hour until hard. Place them in a gallon zip lock bag, label them to cook for 20-40 minutes on 450 degrees. The amount of time depends on how thick your fries are. My family loves these fries and I hope you enjoy them too!!!

0 comments: