Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Fruit Kabobs & Cupcakes

Click the magic button for the full recipe
 
I've been missing in action the last couple of days!! I had an event I was asked to make some food for, soooo that pretty much explains where I have been & what I've been doing.  While I was cutting fruit up for the fruit kabobs I snapped a few pictures & thought I'd show you how I do it...
First wash your fruit, and then cut it in half- scoop all the seeds out



 then place it flat side down on the counter top & with a sharp knife begin to cut the peeling off


until you have gone all the way around it and the cantalope will look like this....


 I did the same thing with the honey dew melon too-- begin by cutting it in half and repeat the same steps


 Cut the top off of the pineapple & begin to slice the skin off the same way... you all probably know how to do this, but the camera was right there on the counter so I thought I would use it- haha
I already showed you how to wash strawberries & Jamie showed you how to wash the grapes in other posts.....  



Cut everything up into chuncks, put them on a wooden skewer and this is what you end up with.... yummy fruit kabobs, so good to serve with anything.

If you want to get fancy... here are a couple of pictures I found from a Bridal Shower I did for a friend a long time ago... maybe 5 years ( how long have you been married Andrea?)
These are fun to make & after spending $80.00 on one for my daughter-in-laws shower I decided I could make them myself......




Click the magic button for the full recipe

Maybe I'll have to make another one and take pictures to show you each step--- the flowers are cut out of a pineapple with a cookie cutter-- and a cantalope ball stuck in the center. 
You can't see it very well, but the strawberry is cut with a knife on the top & I put a mini marshmallow inside... anyway it's a very fun display to make fruit look yummy.


And here are the cupcakes I made for the event.. they were raspberry filled (secret recipe) butter cream frosting, and they were yummy.... I decided to make some for Clair's Birthday too! 


and YES I ate 3 of them!!! The rest are going to work with me so I don't eat them all!!!  Because you know me... I will eat them until they're gone!! :) 

0 comments: