Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

How to unclog a sink

Good Morning-- and Happy Tuesday!!! Tip Tuesday actually...  I have had a couple of sinks that have been draining slowly, so I though I would share with you a tip to get your clogged sinks draining again.  It's simple, and there are no harmfull chemicals involved- in fact you probably have what you need in your pantry.  Here is what you will need:
1/2 Cup baking soda
1 Cup white vinegar
Pour the baking soda into the drain, followed by the white vinegar-- let it fizz for a 10 minutes and then pour boiling water to rinse it down.  That's it-- it really works!!!   
And it keeps them smelling good too.  I have found if you do this once a month or so your sinks will drain well.

5 comments:

Darryl Iorio said...

Isn’t it a relief to know that you can unclog your sink using materials in your pantry? At first, I didn’t expect that it works, but I was stunned to see that it actually did a good job! Still, the best way to prevent clogging your sink is being mindful of the unwanted stuff and not letting them accumulate in your drain.

Unknown said...

Ah... Two of the most famous household ingredients that have thousands of uses. Aside from the cable auger or snake and the plunger, these two ingredients are what help me unclog our kitchen sink. I also have tried adding ½ cup of salt into the mixture. And according to our trusty plumber, we can also use hydrogen peroxide as alternative for vinegar. It's also good for sanitizing a kitchen sink.

Althea Tumlin

Carmella Vancil said...

Like Darryl, I didn’t believe the wonders that the baking soda solution can bring at first. I hesitated to try it and even thought that it might only clog our sink more. But when I did try, I was proven wrong. Since then, I’m always on the lookout for simple DIY solutions, so that I could prevent disasters in the kitchen and pay a hefty sum.

Unknown said...

I really like that your method of unclogging a drain is from all natural ingredients that I have around my home. My bathroom sink is constantly clogged and drains really slow. It seems like I may have to take apart the drain and see if there is something caught in the pipes. It seems like a good idea to clean the drain often to avoid costly repairs. http://www.southshoreplumber.com/Plumbing-Heating-Piping-Services-Marshfield-MA.html

Sophie Grace said...

I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to understand. Unlike other blogs I have read which are really not that good.Thanks alot! Please visit site tiktok videos to see top hashtag on tiktok