Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

My daily detox drink

Today I am going to share with you a "concoction" or drink I make 2 times a day.  I have been drinking this in the morning & at night for almost 9 months now and I have been amazed at how much better I feel.  I have been using coconut oil for a couple of years- and encourage you to research it to learn all of the bennefits it has. The same with apple cider vinegar & lemon-- there's a lot of information out there that can help you decide if this is something you would like to start doing too.  I will explain a little bit about the benefits of each ingredient here in this post also.  First let me tell you what it is that I do... I fill a cup with about 1 cup of water and put it in the microwave for 1 minute.  Then I add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil- this oil is solid @ 72 degrees & then starts to turn into a liquid form when it is stored above 72 degrees, so the oil will melt when you put it into the hot water, then add about 2 1/2 teaspoons of honey & a 1/2 inch thick slice of lemon -squeeze the juice into the water & then let the slice steep in the cup for 4-5 minutes while the oil melts.  Make sure you have scrubbed the outside of the lemon & it's clean before slicing it, to prevent getting any bacteria that may be on it.  When the drink it is cool enough to drink I take 1 tablespoon full of Braggs apple cider vinegar & mix it with a little water- drink it quickly & chase it with a drink of your lemon drink.  The apple cider vinegar is very strong, so never just take it by it self, always dilute it. You can just pour the vinegar into your drink- but I prefer to taste it all at once instead of in every swallow of your drink.   


So now let me explain WHAT all of these things do-- first some of the benefits of LEMON JUICE are:  it helps cleanse impurites out of your body, it's an antiseptic, prevents bacteria, helps your digestive system, regulates your bowels, purifys the liver, is great for your skin- teeth & gums, helps with weight loss, respiratory disorders, controls blood pressure, helps with nausea, provides relaxation to the mind, reduces mental stress & depression-- there are more things it helps with too so read up on it.
Some of the benefits of COCONUT OIL:  you can take coconut oil internaly or apply it topical- you can take up to 4 Tablespoons a day.    It can be used as a conditioner for your hair or to moisterize your skin, you can even cook with it just like you would with any oil. It's great for your hair & skin, relives stress, maintains cholesterol levels, helps weight loss, digestion, metabolism, increases immunity, helps with kidney problems, heart disease, high blood pressure, it helps your body absorb important minerals like calcium & magnesium, it helps thyroid function, boosts energy, it can be used for 100 different things- so I really encourage to do your research.
Some of the benefits of APPLE CIDER VINEGAR are: First let me say you need to use an organic apple cider vinegar to get the benefits, so I suggest Braggs brand because it is raw- organic and has the Mother floating in it which means it has living nutrients & bacteria (the good kind) so it has anti bacterial & anti fungal properties.  It helps a myriad of health issues- it helps maintain the bodys Ph acid-alkine balance, helps the immune system, bowels, weight control, joint pain & stiffness, skin, digestion, high cholesteral, removes toxins and boosts metabolism-- so they all have alot of the same benefits.  I have felt such a difference in the way I feel, I have more energy.   I hope you will research & study up on all of these things and give it a try, you will not regret doing it.    

2 comments:

Detox Drinks Dianna said...

Lemon, honey and coconut oil? Where do I sign up! I'm not sure on the Apple Cider Vinegar, but I've never been one to shy away from anything... Thanks for sharing!

Thanks,
Di

Karen said...

Hi Dianna, thanks for stopping by our blog today. You will have to try the apple cider vinegar, it does take a while to get used to the taste but it has a lot of great benefits. :)