Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Make store bought frosting... better

I don't usually use store bought frosting... home made is sooooo much better!!  But there are times like this last week when I was making cookies for the little boy's (Grandsons) to frost.  I made sugar cookies for them and was in a hurry to get things ready before they came-  so I grabbed the store bought frosting. 





But there's an easy trick to make the frosting taste more like homemade & make it go farther too!!




Just put the can of frosting into a medium size bowl & whip it with an electric mixer...
it will increase the amount of frosting & it also makes it a better consistency for little hands to spread onto cookies.





if you are using a cream cheese, or vanilla frosting you can add a little bit of Almond emulsion to it & oh  it makes it taste so good!!! I was going to take a picture of the frosting after I mixed it up-- but once the little boy's came... I was too busy keeping the sprinkles off the floor!! LOL and forgot-- I didn't even get a picture of the cookies. :(   Next time you're in a pinch for time try this trick & let me know what you think.


Here is the emulsion that I use.


0 comments: