Thursday, October 11, 2012
Scary Peanut Butter Blossoms!
Such a cute and SIMPLE cookie to make.
Peanut Butter Blossoms
* Skull Shaped Chocolates (I made my own using a mold from dollar tree... Yes Dollar Tree)
* 1/2 cup shortening
* 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
* 1/3 cup granulated sugar
* 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
* 1 egg
* 2 tablespoons milk
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* granulated sugar
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl. Add 1/3 cup granulated and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into mixture.
3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate skull into center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. (I put them in the freezer because the chocolate skulls continue to melt and you don't want that!!!)
Here is a picture of the mold I used
Simple instructions on how to use chocolate molds!