Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Making Spaghetti Sauce

I've been making Spaghetti Sauce- so I thought I would show you how it's done.  I called my friend Anita and she gave me her recipe-- I made a couple of adjustments to it & found the PERFECT taste for us!!  First get all your produce- I was excited we had everthing I needed in the garden this year except the onions.   Here's what you'll need to get started.....

Tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, anaheim peppers, garlic, basil, oregano & parsley


Pick a 5 gallon bucket of tomatoes- wash & core them.  I don't peel them, just remove the core and any bad spots that may be on the skin.

then blend them up in your blender, and pour into a lrg. stock pot

next blend up 3 T. fresh oregano, 4 T. fresh basil, 3 anaheim peppers, 3 bell peppers, 5 yellow onions & 3 whole cloves of garlic. Add that mixture to the tomatoes in the stock pot.

then add 1 1/2 C. sugar- 1 C. olive oil, 1/4 C. salt and I added 1 more Tablespoon each of dried basil & dried oregano- stir everything together well.

then cook it down for 3 1/2 hrs.  stirring it every now and again so it doesn't burn.

when the sauce has cooked for 3 1/2 hrs. add 4 large or 8 small cans of tomatoes paste and about 1 C. fresh chopped parsley and blend well. Make sure you stir the paste in really good, this will thicken it up a little bit more.

pour the sauce into your jars, wipe the tops with a cloth-





 boil the lids in a small amoount of water and put one lid & one ring on each jar.  Process them for 20 minutes.  Each batch makes 12 quarts.  Oh YUM this makes the best Spaghetti Sauce, I know you will LOVE it.  


0 comments: