Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Shredded Chicken

So any tip that can help me in the kitchen is a plus. I remember the first time I tried shredding chicken with a fork... ha ha. it was not a pretty sight. So thankfully I'm here today with Tuesdays tip.
How Jamie shreds her chicken.
*First I boil my chicken and when it is ready to be shredded I throw it in my kitchen-aid mixer with the paddle attachment on and let a rip.



*I had it on the lowest speed then turned it up one notch.


Here she is all perfectly shredded for me and I didn't even need a fork! It took about 1 min!


Saying that I love chicken salad would be an understatement. Especially if it came from a local bakery here in Utah called kneaders. Here is my version of their salad. Hope you enjoy!


Knock off Kneaders Chicken Salad:
Ingredients:
1/4 cup white vinegar
salt (to taste)
pepper (to taste)
1-1/4 cup mayonnaise
1-1/4 cup sour cream
4 stocks celery, chopped
1 bunch green onion, chopped
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts; cooked and shredded
(I like to add craisins and/or grapes on occasion, depending on my mood)

Directions:
Mix vinegar, salt, pepper, mayonnaise and sour cream together. Mix celery, green onion and chicken in separate bowl. Mix all ingredients together. Let set overnight or for a few hours for the best flavor. Serve on buns or rolls.


Find the full recipe by clicking the magic button!


0 comments: