Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

How to store nuts....so they keep longer

We just took a little trip to St George a few weeks ago, and when we go I always stop at a great little family ran pecan business.  The Thompson Family pecan farm- in Hurricane, UT. I don't know about you, but I love pecans-- and these are so fresh.  They have a larg bag 38 oz. of chopped pecans for $20.00 and that's the one I always buy. So today I thought I would share with you how to keep those nuts fresh longer-- at that price, you want to be able to enjoy all of them without any waste. 

All you have to do is store them in the freezer!!  It helps to preserve their nautral oils so they won't go rancid. It's a simple thing to do and they will keep a year in the freezer.  Well, maybe I should say mine never last a year.. we eat them faster than that, but they will stay good for up to a year.  When you're ready to use them just scoop them out- no need to thaw before using!!


0 comments: