Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Easy Foil Letters

I was at the craft store the other day and came across these cute letters. I knew I wanted to put this in my family room but I wasn't sure what to do with it. I then decided to try this and see if it would work. It's so EASY and very CUTE!!!

Things you will need:
Aluminum Foil
Mod Podge
Foam Brush
Black Paint
Paper Towel


1. Rip pieces of aluminum foil. They don't have to be the same size.
2. Put mod podge on the letter (use it like glue), then put the aluminum foil on top.

3. After you have covered the letter with aluminum foil, cover the letter with mod podge. This will help the foil stay on. You might have to do a couple of layers. It just depends on if the foil is coming off or not. Let it dry.

4. Next get your black paint and paper towel. All I did was crinkle the paper towel in my hand and dab the paper towel in the paint. Just a little bit of paint goes a long way. The paint dries fast so done put a lot of paint on the paper towel.Then you just want to dab and rub the black paint over the letter.

5. Now just put a layer of mod podge to protect it and your done!!! This is what the letter looks like on my shelf.

0 comments: