Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2012

DIY Pillow Covers

I have been looking for a cute pattern for my front room for a long time. I didn't know what colors I wanted to anything. Finally I found this really cute  pattern at JoAnn's and decided to make some pillows.
-First measure you pillow. I bought a travel size pillow at Walmart. It was about $4. It is 14 inches by 20 inches.
-I bought 1 1/2 yards of material at JoAnn's. I wanted to make two pillows with this pattern.
-My pillows are 14 inches by 20 inches. I found a pattern online but I changed it a little bit. Muiltiply the length of the pillow by 2. So my measurements are 14 inches by 20(2)inches. So it will be 14 inches wide and 40 inches long.
-Measure your fabric and cut. 14 inches by 40 inches. Make sure your lines are straight.
-Now hem the two short sides. Lay the fabric right side down with a short side towards you. The hem on each side is 1/2 inch. I ironed it, pinned it and then sewed it.
-Now, lay the fabric so it's facing you. Fold each side inward and now the fabric side is on the inside. Fold over the fabric until it measures the length of the pillow. I got my ruler out to measure it. Then I pinned the width of the pillow so that I could sew it.
-Sew your pillow and turn it inside out and your done. These pillows are so easy and so cute.

I hope you enjoy making these cute pillows!!!!






0 comments: