Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Make your own foaming soap

How many of you use hand soap? Hopefully you all said I do!! Well today I am going to share with you something that I have been doing for a few years. You can make your own hand soap & it will cost you pennies to make a bottle. Here is what you need:


An empty foaming pump type bottle- I just use one from Bath & Body.
A bottle of your favorite liquid soap- you can use any brand-
And water
I like to fill the empty bottle about a 1/4 of the way full with the liquid hand soap. You can use less or more, it just depends how thick you want the foam to be. Then fill the bottle the rest of the way full with water-- that's it, you now have foaming soap for a fourth of the cost. I works just the same as the store bought and like I said if you want a thincker foam, just add a little more soap.

We also use this type of bottle to put our Eye make-up remover in and it comes out beautiful- no need for a cotton pad- just rub it onto your eyes & wash off. Here is how to make it:
1 cup water
1 1/2 Tablespoons baby shampoo- use the non-tear type
1/8 teaspoon of olive oil
Mix it together & pour into a bottle- it works great, but Jamie found out it doesn't take off waterproof mascara. :)

0 comments: